Sunday, July 18, 2010

Thanks!!

I will have a race report written and up in a few days. This is more important. Except for the first of these, there's no particular order.

First, thanks to T. I know this wasn't easy. I occasionally abandoned you on weekends. I did things I shouldn't have done, and I am sorry about that. But you supported me throughout, even when you weren't happy about it. I couldn't have done this without you, and you were the first person I wanted to talk to when I finished.

Brian. You believed in me, you offered your knowledge, advice (even the small portions I should have taken but didn't) and time, for very little in return. Even though today wasn't perfect, it would have gone much worse without your guidance. The course intel alone was worth 10 times the price of admission.

Max. Your friendship, uncompensated advice, and experience have been invaluable. You willingly did workouts on my schedule, at my pace, on my routes. I am a diva sometimes, you went with it without complaining.

Charrissa. You dealt with all my b.s. You offer wise counsel, even when I don't listen to it. Seeing you and David this weekend lifted a lot of the stress I would otherwise put on myself. You rock, and will get back out there (wherever there is) soon. Thanks for being my friend.

David (whose blog is so infrequently updated, it's almost not worth linking to). Hearing your experience as a relatively new 70.3 finisher was invaluable. Talking through the course with you Saturday night (even though I appear to have been mostly wrong) calmed me down. And seeing you on the run gave me a big lift.

Rocketpants. You were right. The bike course was great. The first 15 miles or so was nerve racking, but the next 40 miles were lots of fun. You were also right about the run -- if you can't run well off the bike, you didn't bike well. Your suggestion to ask for ice was a life saver, and other course insights were key. I don't think I could have "run" the last mile without your tips.

Eve (who does not have a blog but will hopefully read this). Thanks for being the most relentlessly positive and selfless person I have ever met. Your smile, kind words and willingness to offer nutritional advice were wonderful.

Jason (who does not have a blog I am aware of, but he is a techie, so maybe it's out there). A lot of the reason I started doing triathlons was because I knew for years that you did them. It's been fun to reconnect after losing touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment