Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Help needed

My training is going according to plan. I have consistently done the long runs and did my version of the short runs (I do the Wednesday one on Tuesday and skip running Wednesday). Here's the big challenge. Running 15 miles - 2 miles longer than I have ever run. My big challenge is chart a course that is 15 miles long. I'm thinking about this course. But my big fear is that it's a long way to run and if something happened to me I'd be screwed. My alternative is doing 5 loops of running around Oakland's Lake Merritt (a 5k loop). What are your thoughts? Should I brave it?

1 comment:

  1. I see three options. First, just take your phone with you on the long loop. Second, find a 7.5 mile loop and run it twice. Third, just run the 5 loops. If you are really worried, I would run the five loops. Bonus points if you keep a lap timer for the loops and even or negative split.

    ReplyDelete