OC Half-Marathon (5/1/11): I did this race last year, coming off an injury, and as my first crack at the 13.1 mile distance. I haven't yet been injured this year (knock on wood, repeatedly), and my running speed seems to be better than last year. But I took an extended break from any training between September and December, which I didn't take in 2009, and had a pretty good base of distance despite the injury. So, while I hope to run substantially faster than I did in 2010, it's no sure thing. I have a time goal in mind, which I am not going to share. Also, I am doing this race with T.'s brother (who writes two great blogs that are much better reads than this one).
San Diego International Triathlon (6/26/11): This race doesn't present the ideal course for me. It's a short swim (1000 meters v. 1500 meters in a standard Olympic distance), it has a shorter (30K v. 40K) hilly (d'oh) bike course, and a standard 10K run. But it is a very popular race put on by Koz Enterprises. I am a big fan of Koz, who put on really well run races for lower cost than many others, and wanted to do one of their races this year. The SD International draws a loaded field, so a top 10 would be big. Since I haven't done this race before, I have no clue what splits I might put up.
Malibu Olympic Distance (9/10/11): I did the classic distance in 2009, and have ridden this course many times. It's a very crowded course, and not ideal to set a PR, but has a more challenging swim, and doesn't require a hotel stay. Haven't done this course as an Olympic distance before, and it's basically six months away, so I don't yet have any time goals.
Austin 70.3 (10/23/11): I want another crack at the half-iron distance. We have friends in Austin, so this race seemed like the best fit. It may be a little hot, and there are some hills (especially on the run), but this race looks to be a good one for me. Having come close to breaking five hours twice, I have a range of three numbers out there (perfect day, good day, okay day), but again, I am not going to reveal them.
Riding Indoors and Pedaling Skills, Part 2
7 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment